Online Forms

Apply online Benefits and Council Tax Support

Apply online, report a change in circumstance and many other useful forms

Online Claim and Online Calculator

New customers are now able to apply online for Housing and/or Council Tax Support. Customers can also use our on-line calculator to find out if they may be entitled.

Tips and advice video on making an online claim

Tips and advice on making an online claim for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support

Council Tax Support Short Form

Apply online for Council Tax Support(CTS). This is necessary if you have made a new claim for Housing Benefit through the Department for Work and Pensions/Job Centre Plus (DWP/JCP). ( CTS cannot be claimed through the DWP/JCP). OR: You are already in receipt of Housing Benefit and your circumstances have changed which means you may now qualify for Council Tax Support.

Upload Evidence Online

If you are in receipt of Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support or currently in the process of claiming and you have been asked to send in any evidence where originals are not needed please use this form to upload evidence online. These documents can be a picture from a smart phone, tablet or a scanner from a PC.

Report Change of Circumstances

Report online your Changes in Circumstances.

Self-Employed Earnings Form

Ideally if you are self-employed please provide your latest certified accounts. If you do not have accounts please fully complete this form online, for each business you have. You should provide information for at least the last 6 months trading.

Discretionary Payment Form

Apply online for Discretionary Payment if you are already in receipt of Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support and need additional help.

Backdating Request

Apply online for Backdating if you are already in receipt of Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support and you wish your claim to start from an earlier date.

Return to Work Form

Apply online if you have been receiving Housing Benefit and /or Council Tax Support and have returned to work and stopped receiving a pass-ported benefit such as Job Seekers Allowance, Employment and Support Allowance or Income Support.

Payment of Housing Benefit on two homes/ Overlap Request

Apply online for payment on two homes if you are currently in receipt of Housing Benefit and have moved into a new property but still have an unavoidable liability to pay rent for your previous home.

Habitual Residence Test

Apply online if you are a person from overseas or a British National returning after a period living in another country and have been requested to do so, by the Benefits Unit, in support of a claim for Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support.


If you think a decision we have made on your Housing Benefit and/or Council Tax Support is wrong you have the right to: ask for a detailed explanation (Statement of Reasons) and /or a reconsideration of the decision. After this if you are still not satisfied with the decision you have the right to have your case heard by the Tribunal Service. This process must be started within one month of the original decision.

Other Useful Benefit Forms

Other forms which can be downloaded or printed for completion.

Income & Expenditure Information Form

Complete the online Income & Expenditure Form as back up evidence when making an offer to repay an outstanding Housing Benefit Overpayment. The information will enable us to give the offer our full consideration. It will also assist with the household budgeting.