Have your say: Consultation

We would like to know what you think about your community and public services.


We want you to be able to comment on some of the big decisions that we have to make. There's a number of ways in which you can do this:

Attend a meeting, get in touch and stay informed

  • Attending our meetings and committees such as area committees, except where, for example, personal or confidential matters are being discussed.  
  • Speaking at all council and committee meetings
  • Reading committee reports, minutes and background papers on our agendas and minutes page
  • Contacting your local councillor about any matters of concern to them
  • Commenting or complaining to us about any council procedure or service
  • Making a complaint to the Ombudsman if you think we have not followed procedures properly. However, you should only do this after using making a formal complaint to us
  • Making a complaint about a councillor to the Standards Committees of local authorities if you have evidence which they think shows that a councillor has not followed the Council's Code of Conduct;
  • Inspecting our accounts and make your views known to the external auditor
  • Voting at local elections if you are registered
  • Obtaining a copy of the Constitution
  • Petitioning to request a referendum on a mayoral form of Executive
  • Requesting information by issuing a Freedom of Information request

 Participate in a consultation